In previous post, I showed you top 5 best vacuums under $100 which suits low-income families. You can read this here: Best vacuum under $100.
Today, the post will focus on top 10 best vacuums under $200 for middle-income families. When it comes to purchasing a new vacuum cleaner, the customers always want a high-quality product with reasonable price. For $200 or lower, I think you make get a product that is going to do a pretty good job but perhaps need your supervision. In this article, I will choose 10 vacuums that I think it is the best among the list of under $200 vacuum cleaners and discuss their features, strengths and weaknesses. With all things I am about to mention below, hope you will find a suitable product with your budget.
Here are some essential elements that contribute greatly to your content with your choice:
- Suction capability: this is a very vital factor when it comes to cleaning performance. Therefore, you should go for a product that has strong suction.
- Maneuverability: basically, good cleaners should have the ability of reaching various spot in the room.
- Purpose: determine the main reasons why you need a vacuum cleaner, whether it is for everyday cleaning or quick touch-ups in the car, etc.
- Practically: this means that you should purchase a vacuum that are able to work well on various types of surfaces and pick everything up. Buying separate vacuums for different spaces or every surface is unnecessary and impractical.
Frequently asked questions:
Can quality be found in vacuums less than $200?
High-quality vacuum cleaners are expensive nowadays, but it doesn’t mean you can’t find a good quality in cheaper products. There is a variety of great vacuums that cost under $200 but still deliver excellent cleaning performance. The main concern is to opt one feature which is the most important to you and start your journey by going through my review so that you can have an idea of which vacuum is suitable to your requirement, such as durability, powerful suction, extra tools, versatility, etc. At this under $200 price point, you might find good quality products that do one thing extremely well and other features make this plus point more stand out.
Can innovation be found at the $200 or less price point?
In order to expand customer segment and beat their rivals, several companies make their products stand out in every pricing range. Therefore, you can easily get innovation at the under $200 price point. For example, there is a robotic selection for less than $200 with capability of cleaning bare floors with wet pads automatically.
What need to be cautious for vacuums under $200?
The most concerned issue is the cut-down quality of brushes or hoses. This is understandable as with cheap price like this, the quality has to be downgraded somewhere and these two seem to be the most common. Changing quality of hoses can affect the capability of removing large debris. Therefore, it is important to follow the manufacturer’s guidance as closely as possible. If users pay attention to this, those mentioned issues won’t be problematic and you still use a vacuum for a long time.
What are the best prices for these vacuums?
Firstly, you can get vacuums under $100 price point. They are basic cleaners which perform on average, still get the job done pretty well but have a lower overall manufacturing quality than more expensive products. With the products range $150-$200, these will have one extremely stand-out feature. Be careful of you will purchase online and pay attention to shipping charges which can cost you an extra $10-$30.
TOP 10 BEST VACUUMS UNDER $200
Here are quick reviews of top 10 best vacuums under $200 items on the market currently. The review will include advantages as well as disadvantages of the vacuums so that you can have a general look and make comparison among following best vacuum under $200:
1. Best Upright Products
Hoover T-Series WindTunnel Rewind Plus Bagless Upright Vacuum Cleaner UH70120
- Lightweight upright vacuum cleaner with WindTunnel Technology for consistent suction. Rinsable filter and high-quality HEPA filter
- WindTunnel Technology lifts and removes surface debris and deep down embedded dirt
- 25-foot retractable power cord; rinse-clean filter and permanent HEPA filter. HEPA Media Filter - Traps 99.97% of dirt, dust and pollens down to 0.3 microns. Settings easily adjust from deep carpet to hard floor surfaces
- Includes extension wand, crevice tool, upholstery/dusting brush, and powered hand tool. 8 Inch Stretch Hose - above-floor cleaning with simple tools
- Comes with No-Scuff Bumper which protects furniture as you clean along edges or underneath. No Multi Floor On & Off
The Hoover WindTunnel T-series belongs to series of corded, upright, bagless vacuum cleaners that come at a very reasonable price (under $150). The Hoover WindTunnel T-series is equipped with Hoover’s patented WindTunnel technology with benefits of Cyclonic technology which provide strong suction. The machine lifts and removes surface as well as deep down dust and debris and it is also best for carpet cleaning performance. Let look at more details:
- Like I said above, the machine delivers good performance on picking up embedded dirt and stubborn pet hair.
- This vacuum is equipped with teo filters: one standard filter on the top of dustbin and the other is HEPA filtration system. The system works well to blocking allergens from recirculating back to the surrounding air.
- It uses dual cyclonic windtunnel technology that prevents forming clogs even if the dirt cup is already full.
- The hose is 8 foot and it allows users reach farther or above floor.
- It comes with 4 attachments, namely air powered hand tool, crevice tool, dusting brush and extension wand, promoting its versatility.
- The warranty period is pretty generous at a cheap price like this, 2 years.
Kenmore 31140 Upright Vacuum Cleaner- Blue
- BAGGED UPRIGHT VACUUM: Remove pet hair, dust and more with this lightweight multifloor, multi-surface designed vacuum for use in your home, den, or kitchen with a wide sweeper path
- PET HANDIMATE: Air driven turbine spins roller brush to high RPM easily removing dander, stubborn pet hair and other debris off furniture, stairs, car and van seats
- TRIPLE HEPA FILTER SYSTEM-AAFA CERTIFIED: Enhanced HEPA filter system traps 99.7% of debris, trapping dander and dust inside the vacuum reducing allergy-induced pollutants in the room
- ENHANCED CLEANING: At only 19.5 pounds this lightweight unit includes a 2-motor system excels in suction strength. 4 height adjustments provide optimal airflow and cleaning efficiency for any surface
- 3 ATTACHMENTS-ALUMINUM WAND : Flexible hose and wand lengthens to extended reach of 10'. Dusting brush, crevice tool and second bare floor tool for convenient cleaning transitions
- SAVE TIME: 30' cord, cleaning width of 12.75", 4 height adjustments
This is a powerful vacuum which has versatile features and solid performance. In addition, Kenmore 31140 comes with very stylist appearance and beautiful colors, grey and blue. With 12 amps of motors power and HEPA filter, the machine can suck up everything on the ground and give your floor perfectly clean. It sometimes makes noise but at 85 dB level, it is still pretty quiet for a vacuum in this size (19 pounds and 2.92 feet tall). Overall, Kenmore is received a pretty good feedback on Amazon. Let’s see why:
- The vacuum uses a 2 motor system and Power Flow technology which ensure long-lasting suction power and won’t leave any debris or dust behind when operating through each room.
- The aluminum telescoping wand and different attachments, including Pet Handi-Mate, crevice tool, upholstery tool and dust brush, are designed to suck up stubborn pet hair from furniture, upholstery, sofas, etc.; and help users reach up high areas.
- With HEPA filtration system, the machine has capability of picking up cereal, flour and other small particles and prevents those from backing out.
- The power cord can reach up to 30 feet and along with the hose extends an extra 10 feet, allowing users to clean some serious positions in the house.
- The warranty period is 1 year, along with excellent customer services.
2. Best Canister Products
- Multi-Cyclonic Technology for excellent suction for longer. Power Cord Length: 18 feet , Hose Length - 7 inches
- Hard floor Turbine foot is tough on dirt, gentle on your floors. Power Rating: 9.2 amps. Cleaning Path Width : 11 Inch
- Multi-surface foot for excellent pickup on Area rugs and carpeted floors in your home
- The easy empty dirt tank opens from the bottom for no-mess disposal. Brush System: Rotating Clear Window
- Compact and lightweight design for easy carrying and storage. Dirt Cup Capacity : 67.6 fluid Ounce
Some people may prefer bagless units, but when it comes to cleaning large houses; a canister product is a perfect choice. It is easy to maneuver around and most of canister vacuums are capable to upright type but excel at the most difficult tasks. The Bissell Hard Floor Expert 1547 Bagless Canister Vacuum Cleaner is an excellent and advanced canister vacuum that you should consider at under $200 price point. As compared to other canister vacuums within its price range, this model is easier to assemble, operate and maintain. Let dig deeper into its features and function:
- This vacuum is perfect for pet owners, home owners who need high-powered vacuum, offices or firms.
- Lightweight design and very easy to carry around.
- The vacuum is equipped with powerful multi-cyclonic technology which gives a great degree of thoroughness. This outstanding technology provides strong suction capability which works well on different types of surface and particle sizes.
- The vacuum features a telescoping wand that allows users to comfortably drag it around the room. Most of its users are satisfied with this wand as it makes the cleaning task faster and more energy-saving.
- The dust tank is spacious so that you don’t need to frequently empty it.
- Its hard floor turbine foot enhances the cleaning performance to the extent that many customers are impressed at the efficiency for pet hair and tiny particles. In addition, this turbine foot attachment will be tough on dirt but gentle on your floor.
- Has 2-year warranty period.
Hoover CH30000 PortaPower Lightweight Commercial Canister Vacuum
- Includes a reusable commercial cloth bag with paper option
- Built-in blower allows you more versatility with cleaning and maintaining your home
- Compact form allows you to clean tight spaces and detail small areas like the inside of a vehicle
- Long 33' SJT cable length for large area vacuuming. Hush 15 Inch Bagless Upright
- Hose stretches for extended reach
- Motor Amps: 7.4 Amps
The Hoover CH30000 comes with pretty interesting design. It lacks wheels and is designed as a carry on cleaner. The purpose of the manufacturer is to enhance its flexibility and portability. It is recommended to people who want a small portable vacuum for overall cleaning around the house. In addition, with its low cost but a long list of great features built in it, the Hoover CH30000 is surely an ideal product for low-income families. Let find out how this vacuum belong to the top list:
- The vacuum only weighs about 8.3lbs so that it is a good choice for those who clean on daily basic or have back problems. With small design and shoulder strap, users will find it easy to carry the machine around.
- With different heads, this product can reach tight spaces and inaccessible surfaces which are cumbersome to some models.
- The product comes with a number of attachments, including crevice tool, wall/floor brush, dusting brush, furniture nozzle and rug/floor nozzle. All these things make the vacuum more versatile.
- The product delivers excellent performance on a variety of surfaces. It can handle the cobwebs on the wall, pick up the pet hair from upholstery, and dust your car’s interior and more.
- With 33 feet power cable, the vacuum allows users to clean a large area without plugging and unplugging frequently. It is perfect for heavy cleaning tasks like cleaning multiple rooms.
- Has two-year warranty period.
3. Best Handheld Products
The Dyson V6 aims to provide the same cleaning capability as Dyson’s larger vacuum cleaners but in a small and portable design. People can use the Dyson V6 Trigger handheld vacuum for 20-minute cleaning and it is also light enough for everyone to carry it around with single hand. In addition, this small machine has a nice, rechargeable lithium battery which reaches a full charge on about 3 hours. Other plus points of this hand vacuum include:
- The vacuum is equipped with 2 tier radial cyclones -15 cyclones which is the patented technology of Dyson brand. The cyclones generate high centrifugal forces to separate more dust. And thanks to this, there’s no loss of suction.
- It comes with some extra devices, including accessory tool for crevices and brushes.
- Its suction power is also three times stronger than any other handheld models, which allows the vacuum to perform pretty well on different types of floors.
- The nozzle is thin and long enough to get into between seats, under seats or upholstery, and more.
- The machine comes with a warranty period of 2 years.
Black & Decker HHVI320JR02 Cordless Cyclonic Dustbuster, 14.4-Volt – Quantity 2
- Black & Decker Us Inc
The machine is called magic blue as it is an ideal for multipurpose cleaning in your home, garage, vehicles, etc. its lithium technology provides strong suction and extended run time. Besides, the vacuum is lightweight and small so that it is convenient for users to move it around without any hazards.
- This cordless vacuum has an ion battery which last a lot longer than conventional batteries.
- A number of accessories, such as brush attachment which helps to clean the upholstery and other large debris on the floor.
- This vacuum uses a translucent and washable bowl and filter. There is no need for replacement.
- Small nozzle which allows the vacuum to go deeper into spaces between seats or under furniture.
4. Best Stick Products
Dirt Devil Vacuum Cleaner Accucharge Cordless 15.6 Volt Bagless Stick Vacuum BD20035RED
- 15.6 Volt battery uses 70% less energy and charges twice as fast in 6 hours
- On/Off Brushroll - turn brushroll 'on' for carpeted surfaces and 'off' for hard floor cleaning
- Lightweight- Pick up and go at less than 6 pounds
- Easy empty dirt cup- dump the dirt with the touch of a button
- Foldaway handle for convenient storage
- Nickel Cadmium battery
The reason why people hesitate to purchase cordless vacuums is due to their poor battery life. However, the Dirt Devil BD20035RED is the solution for this problem. The most remarkable feature from this machine is the long-lasting battery. It charges twice as fast as normal and saves up to 70% of used energy. Its price is impressive too; you can get a price at under $100 on Amazon for an effective product like this. In addition, the red color makes the product more stand out and attractive than the others. Let’s see what we’ve get more for this product:
- The highlight of the Dirt Devil Vacuum Cleaner Accucharge Cordless 15.6 Volt Bagless Stick Vacuum BD20035RED is the Accucharge technology which makes the model most likely the best electric broom from Dirt Devil. The technology protects the vacuum’s battery and avoid overloading situation. As a result, the battery stay healthy for a long time.
- The machine uses a filter to clean out allergens from the air.
- Very lightweight and portable with foldaway handle.
- Has a rotating brushroll with on/off switch. Also, this model offers All-surface capability. It does a good job on carpet and hardwood floors without damaging the surface.
- Dirt Devil offers 2-year warranty on the parts and motor of the vacuum.
Hoover Linx BH50010 Cordless Stick Vacuum Cleaner
- LINX Cordless Fade-Free Lithium-Ion Battery System - Interchangeable batteries provide cordless freedom to clean anywhere; Battery Volts: 18 Volts
- WindTunnel Technology - Creates channels of suction to lift and remove surface debris and deeply embedded dirt
- Extreme Recline Handle - Reaches under furniture for easier access without having to move things around
- Edge Cleaning Bristles - Removes dirt, dust and pet hair up against those hard-to-reach edges
- Fuel Gauge -Indicates remaining battery life. Refer user manual for troubleshooting steps. Dirt Path : Center Dirt Path. Dry Nozzle Brush Type : Motorized Brushroll
- Multi-Floor Cleaning - Transitions from carpet to hard floors with ease
- Bottom-Release Dirt Cup - Empty debris with the push of a button
- 2-Year Limited Warranty
It is one of the best-sellers of Hoover and the feedback on Amazon is good too. Most of the owners are satisfied with the results.
Hoover Linx BH50010 belongs to the Platinum collection from Hoover-one of the leading companies currently in the industry. This machine is praised as a versatile and usable appliance: lightweight and the absence of power cord. Let’s look at more vital information:
- Hoover wants to focuses on the versatility and they succeeded. It is powerful enough to clean perfectly the carpet but gentle and safe for hardwood floors cleaning.
- 23 gallons dirt cup and its design allows users to empty it without scattering the dust, allergens and pollutants.
- The vacuum use 18-volt lithium battery which produces strong suction and only requires 3 hours to charge fully.
- Suction power is highlighted by WindTunnel technology with one air channel, gathering almost everything with just one sweep.
- With the disputed Cyclonic technology and washable filters, you don’t have to replace them frequently. It is not closely to HEPA filtration, but the system can filter out most of the dust particles.
- With Edge Cleaning Bristles, the cleaner works wonders and suck anything around the edges or corners.
5. Best Robotic Products
ILIFE V3s Robotic Vacuum Cleaner
- With pet hair care technology, focus on picking up hairs, dirt, debris
- Low profile design to clean under beds, sofa where dirt hides. Cleaning priority-hardwood>tile>thin carpet
- Self-charging, programmable schedule, smart sensors for anti-bump, avoid dropping
- Ideal for hard wood floor. Easy operation with remote control, or auto clean all at one touch. Maintenance : Empty dust box and clean the filter after each use and replace a new filter every month
ILIFE is founded in 2007 and has developed robotic vacuum line recently. All products are assured to be high quality and impressive design.
This vacuum is promised to be small, smart and easy to use but still work efficiently. With remote control, users can start the machine without getting up and schedule beforehand for vacation. Overall, the ILIFE V3s is a cheap robotic vacuum with a combination of brushing, suction and dry mopping. In addition, it is recommended for cleaning pet hair and beneath bed, sofas and furniture in general due to the height of 3 inches. There are still other great features:
- Front obstacle sensors with Tpu bumper avoid ILIFE V3s from barrier and protect your furniture.
- The ILIFE V3s is quite quiet and you won’t have any troubles hearing the sound of machine while operating.
- It works well on various types of floor such as tile, hardwood and short pile carpet.
- It has a 2600mAh, lithium-ion battery: long-lasting and fade-free
- This vacuum has one HEPA filter in addition to its primary filter. HEPA filtration is beneficial as it can filter out a great deal of small particles and allergens. However, the filter is nor washable and you should replace it every 6 months for better use.
- Extremely lightweight, about 4.5 pounds.
- Perfect for pet owners.
ECOVACS DEEBOT N79 Robotic Vacuum Cleaner
- Smart Phone App Controls: Schedule & track cleaning sessions, accessory status, battery life, & receive error alerts. Android & Apple compatible. Note: Requires 2.4G Hz Wi-Fi. Note: Not Alexa Compatible
- Smart Motion Navigation & 3-Tier Cleaning System: Direct suction vacuum, helix brush-roll, dual side brushes combined with Smart Motion guided auto-clean & 3 specialized cleaning modes
- Anti-Collision & Drop Sensor Protection: Comprehensive, intelligent sensor safety technology plus soft, durable protective bumpers.
- Max 100 Minute Battery Life: Lithium battery supports quiet, consistent cleaning & high-efficiency air filtration
- 1 Year Warranty, plus Accessories: Includes (1) remote control, (4) side brushes, (1) power adapter, (1) docking station & fantastic customer support!
Like the ILIFE V3s, this model can charge automatically and be set for a scheduled cleaning. With the help of remote control, you don’t have to get up and start the machine. ECOVACS DEEBOT N79 has 3-in-1 combination: V-shaped rolling brush coupled with multi cleaning modes, designed to clean various messes such as dust, debris, etc.
- It has WI-FI connection, so that you can control it from the apps at anytime and anywhere.
- Large lithium battery with capacity of up to 1.7 hours cleaning.
- The brushless motor provides a higher rotating speed, which means more power and delivers strong suction power of up to 1000Pa. As a result, this machine effectively pick up dust, debris and other small particles.
- Equipped with 3 types of anti-drop sensors, so the DEEBOT N79 has little chance of falling down stairs.
- Various targeting cleaning modes: single room, edge and spot cleaning mode.
- Lightweight and the height of 3.1 inches allow the vacuum to crawl effortlessly under furniture.
Think carefully before purchasing. Hope with the list of 10 best vacuum cleaners under $200 above, you can find a satisfying product for your family.