Pet hair is an obsession of many pet owners. The solution for this problem is extra-strong suction and brush action, as well as good filters and mechanisms that lock in the finest particles. There are hundreds of vacuum cleaners on the market now and while some are all-rounded cleaners, others are outstanding each other on different features. You should consider your daily life in order to choose a perfect cleaner. For example, if your stairs are a favorite hang-out place for your pet, don’t buy a heavy or short cord vacuum cleaners. Or, if your cat or dog likes lying under the furniture or bed, you will need a vacuum that works wonders on upholstery. Today, I would like to introduce to you two well-known vacuum cleaners for pet owners: Dyson DC44 and Dyson V6.
11.8 x 5.7 x 28.4 inches
- Dyson digital motor
- Motorized floor tool
- 20 minutes of high constant suction
Check on Amazon
9.8 x 8.2 x 46.4 inches
- Extra tools and HEPA filtration system
- Cord-free. Hassle-free
- Up to 20 minutes of continuous cleaning
- The direct-drive cleaner head
- The soft roller cleaner
Check on Amazon
1. Dyson DC44 Animal Digital Slim MK2
- Lightweight: Its weight is perfect for people with back problems or older people. With the weight of 5.07 pounds, it is very lightweight and portability. You can move it up and down stairs or move from a place to another with no effort.
- Upright design: the upright design is popular with back-problem people as they don’t need to bend too much. The slim design makes it elegant and space-saving.
- Excellent performer: The DC44 head has two sets of bristles, namely stiff nylon and soft carbon fiber. These two help dislodge and loosen up dirt stuck in between strands of carpet that is usually very hard to remove. The vacuum does a good job cleaning edges on hard floors in spite of not having any edge bristles. Thanks to its main floor cleaning tool and combination tool, the machine are able to efficiently pick up pet hairs on upholstery and carpets. In addition, the mini-motorized floor tool with carbon fiber filaments work well at whisking pet hairs as long as other types of small particles on sofas, couches and other furniture.
- Nickel Manganese Cobalt/Lithium ion battery: the advantages of this type of battery is that it delivers constant power throughout the charge cycle. There will be no power loss during cleaning process. It will give you about 20 minutes of continuous run time but only 8 minutes if you use the boost mode.
- Very silent: The machine does not make any annoying noise while working. Actually, it is a plus point when customers consider Dyson DC44.
- Patented Dyson technology: Dyson vacuums do not rely on bags in order to trap dust and dirt. Dyson engineers develop patented Root Cyclone technology which spins the air at incredibly high speeds. Dust, dirt and pet hair are flung out of the airflow and go straight to the dustbin.
- Long warranty: the 2-year of warranty is pretty long, including parts and labor.
- The feedback: Dyson DC44 receives a pretty good reviews on Amazon. The customers praised it as a powerful and effective vacuum. Most of them are satisfied with its cleaning performance on hardwood floor or for pet hair but it aren’t that wonderful on rug or carpet.
- Price tag: With the price around $300, the product is ideal for low- or middle-income families.
2. Dyson V6 Absolute Cord Free Vacuum
- Extremely lightweight: With the weight of 5.1 pounds, it is as lightweight and portable as DC44. Therefore, the vacuum is ideal for everyone, even those who have sick.
- HEPA filtration system: This is certified asthma and allergy friendly system. Dyson V6 Absolute is equipped with patented 2 Tier Radical cyclones, a post motor filter and a sealed system to ensure that the air that leaves the machines is cleaned out the dust and dirt. Along with additional brush roll designed for hardwood floors and other attachments, HEPA filters help to separate the V6 Absolute from the others and prices it at the top of the line.
- Powerful performer: The digital motor is able to spin at incredible 110,000 revolutions per minute in order to produce a maximum 100 air watts of suction. The 15 cyclones help preserves air pressure and trap small dust particles. In addition, the direct-drive cleaner head spin and push brush bristles deeper into carpe, which helps to remove more dirt and collect the dirt without making a mess. The soft cleaner head is invented for hard floors cleaning. It is perfect for picking up large debris and fine powder in a single shot. However, in general, Dyson V6 is a bit weaker as compared to Dyson Dc44.
- Convenient docking station: The V6’s docking station is convenient as it stores, charges the machine and hold additional attachments. It is space-saving for small houses.
- Versatility: Dyson V6 Absolute can quickly convert to a handheld by detaching the wand for quick clean ups, cleaning difficult places or cleaning in small spaces.
- Long warranty: Just like DC44, Dyson offers a 2-year period for the V6 Absolute along with other excellent customer services.
- The feedback: 65% of customers give the Dyson V6 Absolute cord-free vacuum cleaner 5 stars. Most of them are happy with the battery which lasts long enough for them to clean 2 or more rooms. However, some people complain about the wall-mounted charge station which doesn’t match the motor unit and poor durability.
Price tag: Compared to Dyson DC44, the Dyson V6 Absolute is much more expensive, around $400-$500 depending on stores and their services. The machine serves as the high-end model from Dyson; therefore, perhaps high-income families can afford this product.
Final thought and recommendation
Although Dyson V6’s is much more expensive but it shows a disappointing result as compared to Dyson DC44. Its appearance looks fragile. The reason for its costly price is probably the long-lasting battery, so that it gives you enough time to clean the entire house. However, I still highly recommend the Dyson DC44 model that seems a pretty good performer, compared to its price.