We're an affiliate
We hope you love the products we recommend! Just so you know, we may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page. Thank you if you use our links, we really appreciate it!
Newer and better vacuum cleaners are coming out every year due to improved technology. Two very good and top-of-the-line vacuums include the Dyson v8 and Dyson v10.
If you are on the market for a reliable product, one of these could be the perfect option for you. But how can you tell which one is best for you and your needs? We will be comparing these two machines and determining which one is the ideal model for your home. So let’s get into it!
- 1 The Brand Reputation of Dyson
- 2 Similarities Between the Dyson V8 and the Dyson V10
- 3 Differences Between the Dyson V8 and the Dyson V10
- 4 Customer Reviews
- 5 Which Is the Better Vacuum Cleaner?
The Brand Reputation of Dyson
Dyson vacuums pride themselves on their power suction abilities. Many users claim that they have the most powerful suction of any vacuum brand out there.
Their products are engineered to clean carpet, wooden flooring, linen, and any other material or surface that you may have in your home. Each and every item is also tested to ensure that there are no faulty vacuums sold to customers.
Similarities Between the Dyson V8 and the Dyson V10
- Both the Dyson V8 and V10 are designed to pick up dirt, dust, and hair from carpeted flooring.
- Although the two products are perfect for carpet, they will also work well on hardwood flooring, laminate flooring, linen, and any other material or surface.
- The V8 and V10 can both be used to suck up pet or animal hair.
- These two vacuum cleaners are both battery-powered.
- The V8 and V10 are both cordless.
- Both products have the ability to deep clean your home.
- The Dyson V8 and V10 are both lightweight and versatile.
- Both vacuums feature an advanced whole-machine filtration system that can trap nearly 100% of dust, dirt, hair, and other allergens.
Differences Between the Dyson V8 and the Dyson V10
Here we are going to take a look at some of the biggest differences between the Dyson V8 vs V10 to see where each has the leg up over the other.
The Dyson V10 has a run time of about 60 minutes. However, the actual run time will vary based on the power mode that you use or the attachments on the cleaner.
The Dyson V8 has a run time of just 40 minutes when using a non-motorized tool.
The Bottom Line: The Dyson V10 has a longer run time than the Dyson V8. If you have a larger house, the V10 will probably be a better option for you.
The Dyson V10 is a seriously strong cordless vacuum cleaner. It will clean your house using 150 Air Watts, which is much stronger than your average machine.
The Dyson V8 is also a strong cleaner, but it is not as powerful as the V10. It will clean your house using 120 Air Watts. This is a whole 30 Air Watts less than the V10.
The Bottom Line: The V10 has a much stronger suction ability than the V8. If you have pets or find that your house is often covered in a layer of dust or dirt, the V10 is probably the better option for you.
The V10 features a torque drive cleaner head that is very good for deep cleaning. It drives the bristles into materials in order to remove dirt and mud.
The Dyson V8 features a soft roller cleaner head. This brush sucks up dust and large debris. It is not as suitable for deep cleaning as the torque drive cleaner head, but it still does a decent job.
The Bottom Line: The V10 is more suitable for deep cleaning than the V8, but both can get the job done. The torque drive cleaner head and the soft roller cleaner head are both good vacuum heads.
Level Of Noise
The V10 is more powerful than the V8. This means that when it is in use, the V10 will make more noise. It has a sound level between 65 and 75 decibels.
The V8’s suction power does not match that of the V10. When in use, the Dyson V8 has a sound level between 60 and 65 decibels.
The Bottom Line: The V8 emits less noise than the V10. If you have pets or young children, the V8 might be the better option for you.
The V10 is a newer model than the V8. It has a higher suction power and is more effective at deep cleaning different surfaces. It can also capture particles that are as small as bacteria and allergens. Based on performance, the Dyson V10 is one of the best vacuum cleaners out there.
The V8 also has a powerful suction that can clean dust, dirt, hair, and other allergens. While the performance of the V8 is very good, it is not quite the level of the V10.
The Bottom Line: The performance of the V10 is better than that of the V8. However, both vacuums are very good.
The Dyson V10 needs regular maintenance, including emptying the bin, removing debris from the brush, and washing the filter at least once a month. The bin size of the V10 is 0.2 gallons.
The Dyson V8 also requires maintenance relatively often. The filter should be washed at least once a month. The bin should also be emptied before it reaches its maximum mark. It is important to note that the bin size of the V8 is smaller than that of the V10. This means that it will need to be emptied more often.
The Bottom Line: Both machines require regular maintenance and cleaning. However, the V10 is easier to clean and has a bigger bin than the V8.
What They Like About The Dyson V8:
- The vacuum cleaner is cordless, meaning that it can clean anywhere in your home.
- The V8 is easy to maneuver.
- This vacuum is a lot quieter than other options.
- Most types of flooring, including hardwood, laminate, and carpet, are easily cleaned by the Dyson V8.
- The machine can suck up hair, dirt, dust, and other smaller particles.
- This vacuum cleaner’s performance is very good.
- The V8 is lightweight and easy to handle.
What They Don’t Like About The Dyson V8:
- The battery life of the Dyson V8 is not great, as it only has a run time of 40 minutes.
- This vacuum’s bin is not very large, meaning that it has to be emptied often.
- The cleaner is relatively expensive.
What They Like About The Dyson V10:
- The Dyson V10 has a very strong suction power that can effectively pick up dirt, dust, and animal hair.
- This vacuum cleaner’s torque Drive Cleaner Head is one of the most powerful cleaner heads out there.
- The bin of the cleaner is 0.2 gallons – this means that you will not have to empty the vacuum very often.
- This vacuum cleaner does not make too much noise when in use.
- The V10 has excellent maneuverability – it can get into all the nooks and crannies that most other vacuums wouldn’t be able to reach.
- The V10 takes less time than any other Dyson product to recharge.
- Its tools click into place using a click-fit system – this reduces the chances of the accessories falling off or breaking.
- The V10 is lightweight and easy to handle.
What They Don’t Like About The Dyson V10:
- The Dyson V10 has a battery that cannot be swapped.
- This vacuum features a power trigger as a start button – many people claim that their fingers get tired from constantly having to push the trigger down.
- The run time of the cleaner is relatively short when set to MAX mode.
- This option is the heaviest of all the Dyson vacuums.
- The suction power is the lowest of all the Dyson vacuums when set to low power mode.
- The Dyson V10 is a very expensive vacuum.
Which Is the Better Vacuum Cleaner?
Both the Dyson V10 and the Dyson V8 are very good vacuum cleaners. In fact, they are two of the best products on the market right now. However, which one is the best for you?
There are pros and cons to both of the cleaners. For example, the V10 is much more expensive than the V8. However, it has a higher suction power, is better at deep cleaning, and requires less maintenance. It also has a longer run time and takes less time to recharge. The V8, on the other hand, makes less noise than the V10 when in use.
Both options can be used on carpet, hardwood flooring, laminate flooring, and most other surfaces. They can be used to suck up animal hair, dust, dirt, and other allergens.
Based on performance, the Dyson V10 is the better vacuum cleaner. It will do a better job of cleaning your home than the V8.
However, you need to decide what features are most important to you before deciding on a vacuum. For example, if staying on budget is very important to you, the V8 might be the better option.
Although we have said that the V10 is the better cleaner, it may not be the best option for you. Make sure that you perform proper research before investing in a product.