You are too tired of cleaning dirt or pet hair on your floor every day. You are still looking for an ideal machine to support your household chores after a long time of working. It is high time for you to consider one of various products of iRobot. Today, in this review, we are going to look at two amazing machine – Roomba 690 and Roomba E5.
Owing to the fact that both of robotic vacuum cleaners are manufactured by iRobot, the comparison between iRobot Roomba 690 and E5 is perhaps something you are interested in.
iRobot Roomba E5 is the vacuum that its users can easily utilize and has been made improvement quite a lot, however when being compared to it, Roomba 690 has some sameness.
To begin with, the Roomba E5 is the product that has more powerful energy. If the Roomba 690 is said to have good power by the brand, the other even has 5x power more. But, there are some similarities between these robotic vacuum cleaners, which is enough to make both of them become effective device for housewives. For more detailed review, we are going to compare the Roomba 690 and Roomba E5 based on specific aspects.
- The cleaning system of not only the Roomba 690 but also E5 includes the dual brush roll design together with one edge cleaning brush.
- Both products have what iRobot calls the 3 stage cleaning system, which is able to strengthen the suction almost 50% power more based on the information which is given by the manufacturer. This can be very useful when the machine go through spots with lots of dirt as well as debris.
- They all contain the same basic sensors like the bump sensor which stops the machine from falling off the stairs.
- Dirt detect technology is equipped in both models, which causes them make several passes when they detect a large amount of debris.
- All the current Roomba models are compatible with Wi-fi so that you can schedule cleaning jobs from anywhere with the iRobot Home app.
- The run time of Roomba 690 and E5 is both 90 mins per charge.
- Not only the Roomba 690 but also the Roomba E5 are able to automatically return to the base to charge.
- iAdapt navigation is a common feature which is easy to find out in most of products from the same brand – iRobot. It is designed with intention of providing greater navigation around the house of customers, quickly adapting to the changes of surrounding.
Sometimes when you rearrange the place of furniture, the robot may be confused. With this tech, you don’t have to worry anymore.
- Each of the robot is capable of cleaning 7 days per week after you make a schedule for them, which can keep your floor or carpet clean every day.
- Customers say that either of two models hardly makes loud noise when they are in the cleaning process. They do create sounds at an acceptable level. In comparison to upright models, it is much more quitter.
- They are both compact in size as they are about 3.6 inches in tall.
- Warranty of 1 year is brought by the manufacturer and you can also get your money back in 30 days if you use it inside the North America.
Moving onto the Distinctions
- In terms of power, the Roomba E5 is going to win the battle due to the fact that it has 5 times power more than power is considered to be good of the Roomba E5.
- Although both machines have similarities in size, they has slight differences.
- The Roomba 690 seems to be neater than the other, which can partly help in moving around the corners or under the furniture more easily.
- While the E5 model has the HEPA filters, the Roomba 690 do not. HEPA filter may be more ideal choice for people who suffer from allergies.
- About the dust bin, the E5 has the bin with 46L. In comparison, the Roomba 690 has smaller one with 30L. Besides, the dust bin of Roomba E5 is washable which can allow users to clean all the stuck dirt and debris in the bin after cleaning and bring the clean bin for the next cleaning cycle.
- Regarding of the price, the Roomba 690 is more affordable machine.
You can check the current price of the Roomba E5 or Roomba 690 on Amazon
- Sleek, premium design complements your home décor; includes 1 Dual Mode Virtual Wall Barrier for more control over where your robot cleans
- 3-Stage Cleaning System and Dual Multi-Surface Brushes pick up everything from small particles to large debris
- Patented Dirt Detect sensors alert Roomba to work harder on concentrated areas of dirt, such as high-traffic zones of your home
- Full suite of intelligent sensors guide the robot under and around furniture to help thoroughly clean your floors
- Clean and schedule from anywhere with the iRobot HOME App; compatible with Amazon Alexa and the Google Assistant
- Runs for up to 90 minutes before automatically docking and recharging
- Featuring these other Roomba robot essentials - Wi-Fi Connectivity, Edge-Sweeping Brush, Auto-Adjust Cleaning Head, Works on Carpets and Hard Floors
- Box Content: 1 Roomba 690 Wi-Fi Connected Robot Vacuum, 1 Home Base Charging Station, 1 North American Line Cord, Extra Filter, 1 Virtual Wall, Owner's Guide, Documentation Package
- iRobot does not certify the quality or authenticity of products purchased from non-authorized resellers on Amazon, and will not cover claims, provide service or offer replacements for products purchased from these sellers.
Simplicity and Convenience Of Use
Controlling Roomba 690 & E5 has the sameness. After setting up the machine, you can start it by pressing the cleaning button. You can choose other buttons for different purposes.
You can make a schedule for your robot to clean up to 7 days per week or clean more time 1 time every day if you want your house always to be clean.
You can also install the app and make your cleaning job become easier. Instead of moving around to manage your robot, you can lay on the bed or sit in the sofa, spend your time with your family and wait for certain amount of time then everything is done.
As mentioned above, the Roomba E5 has 5 times power more than the Roomba 690. Thus, it may contribute to the better cleaning result of the first one.
With the dual brush roll together with dirt detect technology in both of the products, it can help a lot in removing dust and pet hair as well as vacuuming your entire house without missing some dirty spots.
Not only the Roomba 690 but also E5 model run smoothly on a variety of floor.
For Roomba 690, some customers suggest to use it on carpet rather than hardwood floors because it can cause some scratches after the work is done.
It is plus point for the Roomba E5 that you can use it on many types of floors without worrying about your floors of being scratched.
As you can see, the Roomba E5 has more power, which means that it needs more battery life. Although knowing this, many people still feel satisfied with it. However, if you are the person who does not want to wait a long time for recharging, you maybe need to think twice.
Charging the robot’s battery usually can make the power hold more.
Both Roombas need 90 mins for fully charged battery.
Advancement in battery has not made in either of Roomba 690 and E5 so that they will work and go back to the charging station until the battery utilize approximately 80% of it. You are going to restart the cleaning cycle when the recharging is completed. This is because neither of them are able to automatically resume.
- iRobot Roomba e5 5134 wifi connected robot vacuum runs for up to 90 minutes before docking itself to recharge
- Delivers 5 times the suction power for improved performance
- Auto-adjusting cleaning head and dual multi-surface rubber brushes clean both carpet and hard floors
- Traps 99% of allergens, mold, pollen and dust mites
- Roomba vacuum cleaner is compatible with Alexa and Google assistant and can be operated via the iRobot HOME App on your smartphone
- Cliff sensors are found in these robotic vacuum cleaners. With these sensors, you do not have to worry about that your robot will fall off the stairs.
- Instead of letting your vacuum go to the edge of the stair, it would be better if you can notice that your robot is about to this area and control it back.
- You may be afraid that you don’t know when there is fully-filled dust cup. The bin sensors in both devices will let you know it. You had better clean these sensors if you want them to show you the best result.
- iAdapt navigation tech make the machine decrease its speed when there are obstacles in front of it.
- .Virtual Wall Barrier which can help the room out of the places you do not want it to go.
From what we see in this review, in my point of view, the Roomba E5 seems to be more ideal choice regard of its pros and cons when being compared to the Roomba 690. Although Roomba 690 is more affordable machine, the other has some outstanding features and less drawbacks. I hope the review would be of help to you.