The world is changing at an incredible fast rate and the market for cleaning robots shows the same trend. The advent of robotic vacuums proves that technology has no boundary. They provide amazing capabilities that people are reply on them for daily tasks.
One of the leading companies in this field now is iRobot. With the fierce competition from its rivals, the company continuously releases their products with more and more advanced technology. Roomba 805 belongs to Roomba 800 series which is a smart, easy and effective vacuum cleaner. If you want a new vacuum cleaner with great suction power and the capability of cleaning a variety of surfaces, Roomba 805 is a good option. In general, the robot is equipped with iAdapt navigation which enables the machine to clean entire room, under furniture, around obstacles and along edges with little mistakes.
This review will focus on all the good and bad points of Roomba 805. Therefore, make sure you read everything carefully in order to know exactly what its strengths and weaknesses and whether it suits to your need or not.
- -iAdapt Navigation uses a full suite of sensors to navigate and adapt to your changing home -AeroForce 3-Stage Cleaning System delivers up to 50% more cleaning performance
- -Tangle-free extractors help prevent hair and debris clogs -AeroForce High-Efficiency Filter captures up to 99% of allergens, pollen, and particles as small as 10 microns
- -Conveniently schedule up to 7x per week, or just press CLEAN on the robot -Automatically docks and recharges
- -Avoids stairs and other drop-offs -Automatically adjusts to all floor types - carpet, tile, hardwood, laminate & more -Two Dual Mode Virtual Wall Barriers manage where your robot cleans
- -Lithium Ion Battery delivers up to 3x the battery cycle lifetime -3.6" low profile cleans under furniture, beds and kickboards
Today, appearance plays a vital role in this competitive market. Modern customers tend to purchase cool products, apart from other important factors, such as cleaning capability, versatility, and durability and so on. It is the fact that customers usually pay attention to good-looking products first before learning anything relating to technical information. As a result, those products have more chance to sell themselves.
Speaking of Roomba 805, the vacuum is only available in black color with canister design. In the middle, there is a clean button to start the machine with greenish color. Also, the machine is pretty lightweight, about 8.4 pounds, and very portable. Roomba 805 can run around your house with little effort.
Suction power is one the most important features when it comes to vacuum cleaners. iRobot had greatly improved the suction power of Roomba 805 as compared to previous models.
- It has a soft-touch bumper which is used to detect walls and obstacles, and will slow down when approaching them to help prevent from damaging the furniture and walls.
- The machine is equipped with AeroForce High-efficiency filter which captures 99% of allergens, pollen, and particles as small as 10 microns. This feature makes up to 50% more effective cleaning performance.
- Roomba 805 masters at sweeping dirt from wall edges as it uses the spinning side brush to push debris into the path of cleaning system.
- The machine can avoid stairs and other drop-offs. It is able to automatically adjust to clean carpets, tiles, hardwood floors and laminate floors when operating.
- The two dual mode virtual wall barriers help Roomba 805 determine where it cleans and which places need less or extra cleaning.
- The Roomba 805 is able to navigate around and adapt to your home by using navigation sensors. This is due to a special feature-Adapt Navigation.
Roomba 805 uses lithium ion battery which delivers up to 3x the battery cycle lifetime. Lithium ion is better battery technology then previous models’ NiMH battery. As a result, you will be impressed at how much space the vacuum can clean without recharging.
The Weight And Dimensions
Actually, weight is not as important as other technical parameters as you do not need to lift it while cleaning. Yet, you still should consider this factor because you may need to move it around or up and down the stairs. Despite its cutting-edge technology, the vacuum only weigh about 8.4 pounds and the diameter is perfect too: 18.2 x 16.5 x 5.5 inches. Its low profile allows it to clean under furniture, beds, tables and other things. The weight and dimensions make the machine smoothly crawl around the rooms and effortlessly handle from one point to another.
Users can conveniently schedule the vacuum up to 7 times per week. They can run it any time they want even when they are sleeping.
The Dust Capacity
The dustbin of Roomba 805 is sufficient enough to hold a great deal of dust, dirt, debris and hair and so on. However, it might require emptying frequently between the cleaning cycles or when the bin is full. In general, the bin size is satisfying.
A Little Noisy
The 805 model produces a noise of about 70db, so to some users, they may feel a bit annoying but in general, it is okay and people won’t be affected too much by the noise.
The products comes with home base changing station, 2 dual mode virtual wall barriers, 4 AA batteries and 1 extra filter.
In general, most of customers are satisfied with the results and see it as a time saver. With the powerful suction, the Roomba 805 make floors spotless. However, some users complain about its performance on hardwood floors or carpet as not expected.
iRobot Roomba 805 Reviews Video:
If you find out this is the vacuum that you are looking for, you can buy it here
Any thoughts on this new Roomba? Any experiences worth sharing? Any questions? I am at your disposal, so use the form bellow to get started.