Nowadays, people tend to stop squandering time on simple but time-consuming housework like house cleaning. This task must be done every day and many housewives are tired of it. Since the technology is improving at a fast rate like never before, that cutting-edge products are released every day is understandable. If people do not equip themselves with enough knowledge, they will easily get confused. This is the purpose of this post, which is to make everything clear for customers. Here is another couple of smart floor cleaner from one of the most famous companies in the industry-iRobot, Roomba 880 and Roomba 980.
SIMILARITIES OF ROOMBA 880 VS 980
- iAdapt Multi-Room Navigation uses a full suite of sensors to navigate and adapt to your changing home
- Room to room cleaning in up to 3 rooms with the included Virtual Wall Lighthouse beacons
- AeroForce 3-Stage Cleaning System delivers up to 50% more cleaning performance
- Tangle-free extractors help prevent hair and debris clogs
- AeroForce High-Efficiency Filter traps fine dirt and dust
- iRobot HOME App lets you clean, schedule, & customize cleaning preferences from your smartphone
- Cleans an entire level of your home with iAdapt 2.0 Navigation with Visual Localization
- Runs for up to 120 minutes, then automatically recharges and resumes cleaning to complete the entire job
- AeroForce Cleaning System loosens, lifts & suctions dirt with up to 10x more air power
- Automatically increases cleaning performance on carpets with Power Boost
- Use Clean Map reports to view where your robot has cleaned, turn on notifications for cleaning status updates
- AeroForce High-Efficiency Filter captures 99% of allergens, pollen, and particles as small as 10 microns
- Tangle-free Dual Multi-Surface Brushes handle pet hair with ease
- Box Content: 1 Roomba 980 Wi-Fi Connected Robot Vacuum, 1 Home Base Charging Station, 1 North American Line Cord, 1 Extra AeroForce High-Efficiency Filter, 1 Extra Side Brush, 2 Dual Mode Virtual Wall Barrier, Owner's Guide, Documentation Package
- iRobot does not guarantee the quality or authenticity of products purchased from non-authorized resellers on Amazon, and they are not eligible for warranty or replacement from iRobot
Surprisingly, these two vacuums have the same diameter, height and weight parameters; it is only the inner which is different. The 880 and 980 are two of the most advanced vacuum cleaners from iRobot, so that they are both equipped with cutting-edge technologies, such as iAdapt navigation, AeroForce Cleaning System and HEPA filtration, which also make them desired machines for pet owners. Suction and filtration features are so powerful that both vacuums can clean perfectly all dirt, debris and dust on the ground with ease. In addition, Roomba 880 and 980 can work wonders on several types of floor such as carpets, rugs, hardwood floor and more.
Here are other similar useful features such as full bin indicator, the ability of automatic recharge, manual docking and spot clean and so on.
13.9 x 13.9 x 3.6 inches
Check on Amazon
13.9 x 13.9 x 3.6 inches
Check on Amazon
SPECIFIC ROOMBA 880 VS 980 REVIEW
Both Roomba 880 and 980 are considered as high-class smart floor cleaners that have good features and advanced technologies. Both vacuums have each pros. and cons. that makes them more desired than the other. It all depends on your needs and budget to choose between these two.
Their visual aspect is one of the important factors which make these two best-selling vacuum cleaners. Modern customers are fastidious about technology products as they see those machines as decorating item which add more color to their homes.
- Roomba 880: Roomba 880 is considered as a masterpiece from iRobot. The machine is available in black color which makes the vacuum elegant and clean. A few new buttons add more functions and flexibility. It is obviously look more attractive than previous ones.
- Roomba 980: there is not much of a difference between Roomba 880 and 980. Their dimensions and weights are pretty similar. Also, they are both circular, black with minimalistic designs. On the surface, Roomba 980 has got fewer buttons as owners can navigate the robotic vacuum through its mobile application. Roomba 980 is totally worthy “best-looking” robotic vacuum title at the present.
- Roomba 880: Roomba 880 has pretty impressive cleaning capability. It has 2x battery life and 5x more power than previous Roomba series. Actually, most of its owners praised for its ability of handling the job pretty well. It can work well on different types of floors such as carpets, rugs, laminate, tile, hardwood floor and so on. The process is close to perfect as it sometimes misses 1 or 2 spots. This is understandable because Roomba 880 is still a random cleaner so that it can’t determine whether some places need less or more cleaning. With HEPA filtration, the vacuum is suitable for allergy sufferers as the HEPA can filter out 99.7% of small particles and also prevents dust from recirculating back to the air. In addition, Roomba 880 does a wonderful job cleaning the edges and corners of a room as its side brushes deliver a great result.
- Roomba 980: As expected, Roomba 980 delivers the best performances among all the Roomba products. It gives sharp and satisfying results and perfectly clean your house that I believe iRobot won’t hear any complaints from customers. With the built-in camera, unlike Roomba 880, the 980 doesn’t have any problems about navigating or hitting obstacles. A special feature of Roomba 980 is the Carpet mode which is perfectly clean and will leave nothing behind on the carpet. Also, compared to Roomba 880, the 980 does a better job on mid-pile, low-pile carpet and hardwood floors. In addition, Roomba 980 is equipped with Carpet Boost which automatically increases the power (10 times suction power of previous models) whenever it operates on the carpets and rugs to get more dust and dirt.
Pros. and Cons.
|Smart Schedules||Carpet boost is loud||Two Virtual Wall “Lighthouses”||Pretty noisy|
|Better on carpet||Pricey||Extra replacement HEPA filter||Sometimes work randomly|
|Long-lasting battery||Larger dust bin||Lackluster performance on rugs|
|Smarter Algorithm||Room to room cleaning|
|Better suction overall||Tangle-free Debris Extractor|
|Flexible mobile app||Concentrated cleaning|
|10x stronger power||Virtual Wall technology|
|Built-in camera||5x stronger power|
|Recharge and resume||3x battery life|
- Roomba 880: it excels at getting closer to the baseboard or the corners with advanced wall to wall technology. Also, Roomba 880 is equipped with Virtual Wall Lighthouses which can be placed around the house to assure the machine only goes into needed rooms.
- Roomba 980: the 980 offer full bin options. Unlike earlier models, the 980 takes a further step by giving you a choice on what it should do nest if the bin is full. You can choose to have it finish its job even with the full bin or tell it stop immediately. Moreover, the onboard camera allows it to visualize and map out floors, cleaning the entire room without missing spots. Lastly, a key different between Roomba 980 and previous models is iRobot started to use Wi-Fi connectivity. This allows you to operate the vacuum by using iRobot Home App on your smartphone without being near the machine. It is useful when you are away for work or vacation.
- The Roomba 880 receives pretty good points on different aspects, namely performance, usability, design and overall features. Acutally, housewives see it as their best friends. Although many people agree that it deliver excellent performance, it does not do a great job on hardwood floors as expected.
- 81% of customers give the Roomba 980 4-5 stars out of 5 on Amazon. The vacuum receives good responses too. It is prasied for its decent battery life and an amazing product with computer connection. However, the customers complain that there should be more functional apps and it sometimes missed certain areas.
iRobot Roomba 880 Vacuum Test & Review:
iRobot Roomba 880 Vacuum:
After reading all things above, you can figure out how wonderful the Roomba 980 is and obviously it is more expensive than the Roomba 880. With all the features and services it provide, I believe you will be satisfied with the results, regardless of its price. In general, the 980 and 880 are excellent products on the market right now. Whichever you buy, I believe you will be happy with it.
In case you want a comparison of Roomba 880 and a cheaper model, you can read following post: Roomba 770 and 880 comparison.