Owning to incredible development of technology, robotic vacuum cleaners which would be supporting tools for many families has become more popular than ever. These days, there is a variety of vacuum cleaners for housewises to choose, but one of the most outstanding products is probably iRobot Roomba. Today, I am about to show you 2 models in the Roomba series: Roomba 960 and Roomba 985 with purposes of helping you make the best choice in selecting proper tools.
First, let’s have an overall look at these vacuums.
iRobot Roomba 960:
iRobot Roomba 960 Unboxing and Review:
Roomba 960 Robot Vacuum
- Equipped with Smart Mapping and vSLAM hi-tech, Roomba 960 is claimed to identify where to clean and supervise the cleaning process to bring the completely clean floor for its owners.
- With Roomba 960, you don’t have to worry about dust or pet hair stuck under your table or chair because it especially aims at vacuuming such hard to reach spots.
- The products’ falling from the stairs is also restricted by Cliff Detect sensors.
- It’s fairly simple to utilize. You can get the iRobot HOME App installed then make a schedule and clean your house at any time. The app will assist you in reporting the cleaning process with details on your smart phone.
- It’s easy to freely choose your cleaning mode and automatically vacuum your house every day if it’s preset to ensure an absolutely clean house for the whole week for you.
- For hard floors, the Multi Surface Brushes together with Auto-Adjust Cleaning Head will make it effective on these kind of floors.
- Automatically back to recharge area in case of low battery or the end of the cleaning process.
- With AeroForce 3-Stage Cleaning System and Power-Lifting Suction with 5X the air power it is strengthened to remove deep dust or pet hair.
- The High-Efficiency Filter is made from a special material that captures 99% of dust, mites, and allergens as small as 10 microns.
If you are interested in Roomba 960, you can find out the price on Amazon here
iRobot Roomba 985
Roomba 985 Unboxing And Setup:
- Compared to Roomba 960 model, this product is more outstanding in the running time. Roomba 960 needs to be recharged after 75 minutes. On the contrary, this robotic vacuum model can work up to 2 hours.
- By utilizing Dirt Detect Tech, the Robot is able to realize areas with huge amount of dirt then it can focus more on these places.
- Both Roomba 960 and Roomba 985 allows the users connect to their phones easily at anytime and anywhere.
- In this model, the cleaning power is maximized with Gen 3 motor which help the vacuum’s power up to 10x the air power
Now, let’s have some details of differences between Roomba 960 vs Roomba 985:
|Roomba 960||Roomba 985|
|75 mins||120 mins|
|Dimension||35.0 cm x 9.1 cm|| |
13.8 inches in diameter, 3.6 inches in height
|Power||AeroForce 3-stage |
Cleaning System Power – Lifting
Suction with the 5x
the air power
|Gen 3 motor up to 10x the air power|
|Easy to use||Yes||Yes|
|Price||Check on |
| Check on |
If you want to see more detailed information together with differences, you can read more posts about Roomba 960 vs Roomba 980 here.
PROS vs CONS
|Roomba 960||Roomba 985|
|High cleaning effectiveness||Longer run time|
|Shorter charging time||Huge power|
|Small dimension||Neat dimension|
|Shorter run time||Sometimes being noisy|
|Quite small bin||Longer charging time|
- Good points: It is easy to identify the first advantage of this model to be more comparative in terms of price compared to Roomba 985. Regard of ability, after using this products, a number of customers reflected their high satisfaction about the effectiveness in cleaning process as well as the amount of dirt and pet hair that Roomba 960 removed from dark hardwood floors. It is extremely easy to control. The technology that prevents the device from falling from the stairs and makes it pick up well. Additionally, it is capable of running very smoothly on carpet and hard floors.
- Bad points: Some of users feel dissatisfied with its bin because it is quite small. In addition, it is able to work around an hour.
- Good points: Thanks to being equipped with more powerful energy, it can pull deep dust more efficiently. Besides, with the run time of 2 hours, it is suitable for houses with large scale. Additionally, capacity of connecting to smart phone would be of help for users in managing and supervising the cleaning process for the best result.
- Bad points: It was more advanced details in this model which makes its have higher price. In addition to that, its noise is sometimes recognized by its owner, which can drive them to the edge after using for a long time.
Which one is worth the money? Roomba 960 or Roomba 985
It totally depends. In terms of scale of your house, Roomba 985 will definitely be the best choice for you due to its longer run time as well as the enormous power in comparison to Roomba 960. However, in case you want to save your money for other important things, it seems to me that Roomba 960 is more ideal. In my point of view, either of these Roomba models is worthy in different aspects. I hope through this review you can see not only advantages but also dis advantages of Roomba 960 and Roomba 985 and then select the best products for your family.
After this quick review, if you are in favor of finding out more specific information about the above products, you can check out Roomba 960 and Roomba 985 here.