It is undeniable that machines from iRobot are always on the top list of robotic vacuum cleaner on the market these days. But among them, what is the best one? Today, we are going to concentrate on 2 models – Roomba 980 and Roomba E5. It seems that Roomba E5 is said less than Roomba 980. However, in this article, I am about to review both of them and we will find out the resemblances and the differences of each machine. From realizing pros and cons of them, we can decide which one you should buy for your precious house.
Let’s start with one of the greatest and hottest products of iRobot.
iRobot Roomba 980
iRobot Roomba 980 Robot Vacuum with Wi-Fi Connectivity, Works with Alexa, Ideal for Pet Hair, Carpets, Hard Floors
- iRobot HOME App allows the cleaning process be convenient as well as simple as much as possible. Moreover, you can create your own schedule and select your cleaning mode that you prefer via your phone.
- Navigating various spaces in your house is no longer a problem. iAdapt 2.0 will make Roomba 980 do it in an exact way.
- With the run tine of about 2 hours and the ability to automatically recharge.
- AeroForce Cleaning System together with 10x air power will force dirt, dust or debris being deep in your floor to remove.
- Owing to Power Boost, the energy even becomes more powerful than ever.
Price: You can check the current price of Roomba 980 on Amazon here.
iRobot Roomba E5:
In terms of design
- Roomba is designed ti be compact – one of the features that we can find in most of models from iRobot. (13.3 inches in width, 3.6 inches in height and more than 7 Ibs in weight). With this dimension, Roomba E5 can move easily in the house.
- About color, it is elegant with black and grey color.
Concerning about technology
- The patented 3-Stage Cleaning System is extremely wonderful. It is hoped to help it users a lot in removing dirt, dust, debris or pet hair from the floors.
- Dual Multi Surface Rubber Brushes will contribute to the significant improvement of the effectiveness of vacuuming your house. Rubber brush which is capable of keeping contact with many kinds of floors is a strong supporting tool for you to get rid of dirt that is hard to remove.
- Pulling the deep dirt out of your floor or carpet becomes more efficiently thanks to the Power-Lifting Suction with 5x the air power.
- Additionally, the High efficiency filter is designed for this Roomba E5. This amazing sort of filter is claimed to remove the pet hair in your house up to 99%.
- It is more wonderful to know that Premium 3-stage Cleaning System is specialized tech for pulling pet hair.
Regarding of Smart features.
- iRobot Home App
It is not difficult to see that the app is specially designed for models from iRobot. This app makes the cleaning process become more convenient for customers. By some simple steps, Roomba’s owners can clean their houses quickly and control the machine with a little effort.
- Your voice can be useful
Just sitting on your sofa, making command for your Roomba E5 and then waiting until your house is cleaned by it. You need to install some apps like Alexa or Google Assist if you want to control it via your voice.
Price: You can check the current price of Roomba e5 on Amazon here.
Now, it is time for us to find out the similarities and distinctions as well.
First, about the sameness:
- It is possible for you to control both Roomba e5 and 980 via voice.
- High efficiency filters is designed for either of them.
- Lithium ion battery which is said to make the run time longer and recharging quicker is a part of not only Roomba 980 but E5 model.
- Both of products are equipped with iAdapt navigation.
- The charging time is about 2 hours.
- Both of the machines are able to back to charging station on their own when the battery is low.
- It is necessary for two models to spend approximately 3 hours for charging.
- The run time is the same with 2 hours.
Now, let’s discover some points that make differences between Roomba 980 and Roomba E5
In terms of this factor, Roomba E5 will win over Roomba 980 because it is slight smaller and it weighs less than 980 model. For people who have a preference for compact design, Roomba E5 is more ideal.
Battery of Roomba E5 is said to be 1800 mAh. On the contrary, it is 3300 mAh for the other. It perhaps means that Roomba 980 has more powerful battery.
3, The bin
While you may find it impossible to wash Roomba 980 bin, the bin of Roomba E5 is washable. This feature can help you ensure that all dirt, debris and dust in in bin can be 100% removed.
4, The run time.
If you think that 90 minutes of Roomba E5 for cleaning is an ideal figure, you can feel amazed by longer run time of Roomba 980 (up to 2 hours).
You may find more specific information about differences between two above vacuum cleaners, let’s look at the following comparison chart.
|iRobot Roomba E5||iRobot Roomba 980|
|Dimension||13,3 inches x 3,6 inches; 7,2 Ibs||13,8 inches x 3,6 inches; 8,7 Ibs|
|Battery||1800 mAh||3300 mAh|
|Imprint Smart Mapping Tech||No||No|
|Washable Dust Bin||Yes||No|
|Cliff Detect Tech||Yes||Yes|
|The run time||90 mins||120 mins|
|Price||Check price|| Check price|
Moving onto pros and cons of each product.
|Roomba 980||Roomba E5|
|PROS||More powerful battery||More economical|
|Stronger suction||Washable dust bin|
|Longer run time||Compact dimension|
|Easy to control||Water cleaning|
|CONS||A little bit noisier||Shorter run time|
|No washable bin||Less powerful battery|
The following specific reviews will reveal the reasons why people love or why users do not like Roomba 980 and Roomba e5 very much.
About iRobot Roomba E5
Strong points: If you are owners of 2-3 dogs or cats, you may feel tired of the amount of pet hair on your floor every day. Many customers are incredibly amazed by the amount of pet hair that the machine picks up .
- Besides, water cleaning is another plus point for this kind of Roomba.
So, what are the factors that should be fixed in Roomba E5?
- It is an issue with shredded paper on the floor. But fortunately, it is actually a problem in the office not in your house.
- The run time should be longer. Otherwise, it not the perfect device for large – scale house.
- Owing to the fact that it does not have an onboard camera, it is quite difficult for the machine to navigate the entire house 100% effectively.
About iRobot Roomba 980
Positive sides: The cleaning effective of this Roomba is noticeable. It evens picks up long hair on the carpet.
Moreover, it is quite simple to keep and store the products after utilizing.
Some customers considered it as the best model so far compared to the previous ones that they used. They also suggest this Roomba 980 because it is environment-friendly.
Negative sides: Any machine has the things that needed to be improved for better performance and Roomba 980 is not any exception.
It can trigger loud noise sometimes and cause uncomfortable feeling for customers.
You may see that the product can stuck at the corners and keeping stuck at theses places some days after a long time using it. It may take your time to start the machine again.
The conclusion – which one is the perfect product for your house?
If you have read this review in details, you will see not only Roomba 980 but also Roomba E5 have their own good and bad points so that both of them cannot be called perfect.
If you prefer a machine with more affordable price, you can go for Roomba E5. Although it has more economical price, you can still trust its effective, especially water cleaning is plus point for it.
In case, you want to spend your money on a robotic vacuum cleaner with more advanced, more powerful suction together with longer run time, Roomba 980 is worth to try. And if your house is fairly large, you may want it more than Roomba E5.
I hope that this review can help you know more about Roomba 980 and E5 as well. In the near future, you will make the best decision for choosing the most suitable for your home.