These days, despite the fact that there are thousands of modern vacuum for people to choose, a model from iRobot Roomba cannot be ignored.
Therefore, I’m going to show you two models: Roomba i7 and Roomba 960, which are of the latest and most advanced models of iRobot.
This review will help you see how these models compare to each other through a number of similarities together with distinctions and show you which one is more ideal as well.
- 1 Similarities between Roomba i7 & Roomba 960
- 2 Roomba 960
- 3 Roomba i7
- 4 So Roomba 960 vs Roomba i7 – which one is the best product for your house?
Similarities between Roomba i7 & Roomba 960
- For Roomba i7 and 960, you can control them via voice by apps such as Amazon Alexa and Google Home Device. With this method, you can easily manage schedule for the whole week as well as supervise your cleaning schedule.
- Either of them uses the similar high efficiency filters, which is considered to be very effective for removing deep dust and pet hair. It is alleged that these devices can clean nearly 100% dust and hair in your house.
- Both of them are equipped with Lithium ion batteries being known for maintaining long run time together with recharging fast.
- You don’t have to worry about when you should recharge the batteries thanks to the automatic recharging of the products in case of low battery.
- The essential time for charging for Roomba i7 and Roomba 960 is around 180 mins.
- Two models are going to clean the spots being incompletely vacuumed after 100% charging.
- Utilizing the brushless extractor bars for collecting debris.
Although these robotic cleaners have the sameness, the distinctions between them should not be missed.
Differences between the Roomba i7 and 960
- While Roomba 960 use iAdapt 2.0, Roomba i7 is equipped with iAdapt 3.0
- In terms of suction, it seems that Roomba i7 has more comparative one compared to Roomba 960. Roomba i7 has more powerful suctions.
- About the battery, the i7 is equipped with larger one in comparison to Roomba 960. It perhaps shows better battery life.
- While the run time for Roomba i7 is approximately 120 mins, it is shorter for Roomba 960 (about 75 mins).
- Regard of the bin, Roomba 960 has larger one. It means that it has better capacity of containing dust.
- You can use easier with Roomba i7 because it is a little bit neater than 960 models. It can be slightly more convenient for the device to move around the corners.
- It is possible for the users to upgrade the bin and charging area in Roomba i7. On the contrary, it is impossible for Roomba 960.
- The collection bin of Roomba i7 able to be washed despite being smaller. Technology is advanced for this model, which helps customers wash the collection bin. But it is important to remind yourself not to empty the bin.
- For the Roomba i7, the clean base is capable of holding huge amount of dirt.
- Push Notifications of Roomba i7 are absolutely new. The notifications will show you when the cleaning process begin and end, realize the problem that the robotic vacuum cleaner has.
- In Roomba i7, Imprint Smart Mapping enables the vacuum cleaner to have the draft of your house. You don’t have to worry that it only maps your first floor because it has ability to map all rooms in the house even including the garage.
Romba 770 Pros
Romba 770 Cons
Romba 880 Pros
Romba 880 Cons
It is quite easy to realize the first strong point of this product to be more comparative in terms of price compared to Roomba i7.
Considering about its capability, the majority of customers showed their extreme satisfaction about the effectiveness in cleaning process as well as the amount of dirt and pet hair that Roomba 960 pulled from dark hardwood floors.
It can remove very small debris or pet hair which makes many people impressive. It can show the best performance if you are pet owners.
It is fairly simple to control.
The technology that prevents the device from falling from the stairs and makes it pick up well.
Additionally, it is capable of running very smoothly on carpet and hard floors. It is highly suggested to utilize on hardwood floors for the best results.
The minority of users did not feel pleasant with its collection bin. It would be better if the bin could be made to larger one.
In addition to that, it is able to work only around more than an hour.
Besides, it can clean one spots over and over again, which can lead to the fact that some areas are not vacuumed. And it can stuck under the furniture.
After a long time using this model, the users are impressive on their ability to clean under chair, table or furniture in general. With longer run time, it is more suitable for large house than Roomba 960.
The strongest point that Roomba i7 has is that it can be washed. Roomba 960 cannot. In addition to that, there are advanced technology that Roomba 960 has not been upgraded.
With innovative iAdapt 3.0 , it can allow owners for more excellent mapping as well as navigating.
The Imprint Smart Mapping, various floor plans together with control via voice with purposes of cleaning specific areas will certainly help you a lot when you are busy. It is highly recommended to use on carpeted rooms.
Some customers claimed that in reality, the Roomba i7 run for around an hour not 120 minutes due to the high and powerful suction.
Besides, the bumper of Roomba i7 is plastic not rubber style. For houses with large scale, it can take 2 times to bring the clean house.
So Roomba 960 vs Roomba i7 – which one is the best product for your house?
The answer is either of them because it depends on what you need or what you place above the other. In overall, Roomba 960 and Roomba i7 share many similar features.
Therefore, if you long for saving your budget for other necessary stuff, it is worth to purchase and try Roomba 960.
In case you are the owner of the house with large scale, you should purchase Roomba i7. It seems to me that it would be more suitable and time-saving. Both of them are able to keep your house clean every moment. I hope this review can be of help to you.
After reading the review, if you are interested in finding out more interesting as well as detailed information about the above products, you can check out Roomba 960 and Roomba i7 by yourself on Amazon.
Last Updated on