Today, I will discuss with you 2 Dyson canister vacuum models. Dyson is currently one of the leading companies in the industry. Therefore, DC35 and V6 are both high-quality vacuum cleaners created by popular Dyson Company. Each of cleaner has its unique features, but also shares a number of features. They are considered as great canister vacuums that will get even your toughest messes clean.
Dyson DC35 Digital Slim Multi floor cordless vacuum cleaner
- Lightweight: With the slim design and the weight of 4.8 pounds, the product is very light and perfect for portability. You can move it around you house effortlessly or bring into your car. Also, you can find it convenient and easy to clean the ceiling with little effort.
- Upright design: thanks to the upright design, those with back pain can easily clean many places around the house as they will not have to bend their back.
- Powerful performance: Dyson DC35 has twice the suction power of any other lightweight cordless vacuum cleaner in use, which makes it the most powerful cordless vacuum. This cleaner is perfect for quick, flexible cleaning on many difficult types of floors, such as carpet, hardwood floor or versatile cleaning spot, such as stairs, upholstery and inside the car. In addition, the combination of ultra-fine conductive carbon fiber brushes and rotating nylon bristles help remove fine dust and ground-in dirt from floors.
- Lithium Ion battery: this is one of the DC35’s advantages. Lithium Ion battery has a low maintenance and the battery last longer which allows the vacuum to operate in a long time. The DC35 uses 22.2V battery whish releases its charge evenly, so that the performance will stay strong without drop off. Also, lithium-ion cells cause little harm when disposed.
- Surprisingly silent: Another good point of DC35 is that it does not make any loud noises when operating. In spite of strong motor, the vacuum will not cause annoying and make you comfortable while cleaning the house.
- Patented Dyson technology: Dyson vacuums do not rely on bags in order to trap dust and dirt. Dyson engineers develop patented Root Cyclone technology which spins the air at incredibly high speeds. Dust, dirt and pet hair are flung out of the airflow and go straight to the dustbin.
- Long warranty: the 2-year of warranty is pretty long, including parts and labor.
- Pros. and Cons:
Lightweight Pretty expansive
Powerful suction power Short run time
High-power mode for hard floor vacuum Small dirt container
Carbon fiber brushes
Transparent dirt container so you can see if it need to be emptied
Easy to clean beater bar
Can be use as handheld vacuum
Short charge time
Short run time
Small dirt container
Dyson V6 Cord Free Vacuum
- Price tag: With the price of $300, it is perfect for families with low or medium-income. Amazon always offer a best price for your interests.
- Extremely lightweight: Its weight is about 4.5 pounds. Therefore, carrying it around the house even up and down stairs is a piece of cake. People with back problems will love this product.
- Upright design: Like DC35, the upright design brings about several benefits for users. For example, users can stand up straight and do not need to bend over. It is perfect for the older or people with back pain. Also, the center of gravity located towards the grip in order for easy, lightweight cleaning up top, down below and in between.
- Powerful motor: The Dyson V6 is equipped with the digital motor which uses digital pulse technology and a neodymium magnet to spin at up 110,000 times per minute. In addition, the V6 uses two tier radial cyclones making powerful centrifugal forces spinning dust and dirt out of the air and in to the bin. The combination of these two provide the users powerful suction that will last from the moment you start cleaning to the moment you finish.
- Docking station: The V6’s docking station is convenient as it stores, charges the machine and hold additional attachments.
- Versatile: Dyson V6 can quickly convert to a handheld for quick clean ups, cleaning difficult places or cleaning in small spaces. It perfectly suits in the car space.
- Good for hard surfaces: The strong power makes it perfect for cleaning on hardwood floors, carpets and rugs. In addition, stiff nylon bristles remove ground-in dirt from carpets and allow perfect edge-to-edge cleaning.
- Long warranty: Just like DC35, Dyson offers a 2-year period for the V6 along with excellent customer services.
- Pros. and cons.
Lightweight Quickly drain the battery for using maximum power mode
Balanced for top, down and in between cleanups No attached crevice tool
Easy to change and clean brush roller
Use button to release dirt for dustbin emptying
Six-minute maximum power mode for higher suction
Convert to handheld vacuum
2-year warranty period
Quickly drain the battery for using maximum power mode
No attached crevice tool
- The Dyson V6 receives both positive and negative feedbacks. And, 4.2/5 is the jugdement of users for this products on Amazon. Most of them agree that the Dyson V6 is great for daily cleaning and effecient for quick spot. However, its battery life is a minus point.
- Likewise, the Dyson DC35 is praised for its powerful suction and great maneuverability. Most customers are satisfied with the results and the price is reasonable. Despite its great features, its users still complain about the random turn-off.
Final thought and recommendation
Both DC35 and V6 are excellent performers created by Dyson. In general, they are quite similar in some features. Although Dyson V6 has several unique model features, the DC35 still outweigh the V6 in some aspects. Its lightweight body and low profile cleaning head makes this product ideal for any cleaning task, regardless of large or small spaces. In addition, the motorized head with carbon fiber filaments also offer the best cleaning experience. However, the V6 is still an attractive product with the extended runtime (20 minutes) and the slightly large bin (0.11 gallons).
Both of them do a good job on hardwood floors and carpets. It is all your decision to choose between these two.