Vacuum cleaners are extremely useful in terms of saving time and energy. Housewives find it convenient and helpful in house cleaning and thanks to it, they have more time to relax or enjoy wonderful moments with their families. There are numerous vacuum cleaners out there on the market and customers easily get confused which ones to choose. Therefore, the purpose of comparison among two or more vacuum cleaners is to point out their own pros. and cons. As a result, customers can have a thorough look into each vacuum before making any decision.
Similarities of iRobot Roomba 620 VS 650
Both vacuums belong to robot family, created by one of the leading companies in the industry-iRobot. You can totally trust iRobot in terms of quality. Firstly, Roomba 620 and 650 are random smart floor cleaners with canister design. Therefore, they are suitable for cleaning carpet and other upholsteries like beds or sofas. In addition, the prices are pretty expensive so that at least medium-income families can afford them.
iRobot Roomba 650 and 620 have some similar programs and setting features in general. Firstly, their suction and filtration are so powerful that they can work wonders on various types of floors. Next, both of them have anti-fall sensor which help prevent the vacuums from crashing into obstacles on its ways and dirt sensors. Finally, wireless charging kits in order for users simply and flexibly charge it is another useful feature.
iRobot Roomba 620 Vacuum Cleaning Robot
- Just press CLEAN on the robot, no programming required
- 3-Stage Cleaning System loosens, lifts & suctions dirt
- Navigates under furniture and around clutter
- Automatically docks and recharges
- Sweeps wall edges and corners
iRobot Roomba 650 Robot Vacuum
- iAdapt Navigation uses a full suite of sensors to navigate and adapt to your changing home
- 3-Stage Cleaning System agitates, brushes and suctions floors
- Conveniently schedule up to 7x per week, or just press CLEAN on the robot
- Automatically docks and recharges. At just 3.6 inch tall, Roomba has been specifically designed to fit under most furniture and kickboards so dirt has no place to hide
- Automatically adjusts to all floor types - carpet, tile, hardwood, laminate & more
Specific Roomba 620 VS 650 Review
Both Roomba 620 and 650 have its own advantages and disadvantages based on some special features. I hope you can find a perfect model for your own family:
Nowadays, it is vital for an electronic product that looks eye-catching and cool. People seem to pay attention more at shiny vacuum cleaners before digging deeper into its quality. Let find out what Roomba 620 and 650 offer:
- Roomba 620: this vacuum is only available in black color and it is one of the most original looking robotic vacuums on the market. Using this smart floor cleaner is pretty easy as it only has three buttons on the surface. Unlike Roomba 650 that glows in green, Roomba 620 is more yellowish. With its dimensions and weight, the vacuum can fit in several places and clean perfectly some difficult positions in your house.
- Roomba 650: Roomba 650 is still one of the best-selling vacuum cleaners of iRobot and considered one of the most beautifully designed smart floor cleaners on the market. Roomba 650 has a shiny black color with minimalist design. Most of its owners agree that it catches their eyes at the first sight and I believe its appearance is one of the factors making Roomba 650 a best-selling product. In addition, the vacuum can easily reach the hard part in the room and go under the furniture to make the area spotless.
It is vital to know whether these two vacuums can perform at an acceptable level, otherwise you should think about alternatives. Let find out if these two can meet your requirements and worth your money:
- Roomba 620: many people review Roomba 620 as an average performer and it can deliver a satisfying job. First of all, Roomba 620 has a weak navigation system so that it may not be as functional as other advanced vacuum cleaners. Also, its understanding of surroundings is not good so that you should keep an eye on it, otherwise, it may get stuck. However, the vacuum is equipped with 3-Stage Cleaning System which helps clean carpets, tiles, laminate and hardwood floors and the Dirt Detection mode that helps the machine find dirtier places and require extra cleaning.
- Roomba 650: Roomba 650 is known for its excellent performance. The machine has some good features and can do wonders if used properly. In fact, Roomba 650 is a random robotic vacuum cleaner and does not understand well the surroundings, which means it has hard time figuring out which places are needed more or less cleaning. Therefore, in order for Roomba 650 works efficiently, purchasing Virtual Walls is necessary. Besides, 3-Stage Cleaning System plays an important role as it can clean tiles, carpets, rugs, hardwood and more. In addition, you can schedule the cleaning time by setting time and days throughout the week and Roomba 650 can work according to your command.
This is the most concerned issue when it comes to cleaning machines. It the vacuum can’t meet the standards of the customer, it is a wise choice that they should look for an alternative.
- Roomba 620: Roomba 620 is reported that it has problems detecting some tiny objects, such as chair/table legs. It easily collides with similar objects on its ways and usually at high speed. Therefore, there should be supervision when it operates. In order to make things go more smoothly, it is suggested that you should place Virtual Walls which help the vacuum concentrate on specific area. Finally, Roomba 620 do a wonderful job cleaning dust, dirt, pet hair, fibers and more.
- Roomba 650: like Roomba 620, the 650 has trouble detecting certain obstacles and sometimes the machine fall off the stairs. Therefore, it also needs a babysitter to make sure everything goes right. In terms of cleaning capability, the vacuum shows a wonderful exemplar. It can perfectly deal with dust, hair, fibers, etc. and it is 2x more powerful than Roomba 620. The auto-docking is another special feature. If the battery runs low, Roomba 650 will automatically return to its docking station to get a full recharge.
Battery and power
Another important feature is the power. Roomba 620 and 650 are different in terms of battery which depends on the technology and usage purpose.
- Roomba 620: its battery is very long so that you can save energy and time not to charge frequently.
- Roomba 650: this machine uses the Yellow Advanced Power System Ni-MH Battery. The battery life changes based on the usage and environment, so you are better to use it carefully. Compared to Roomba 620, the battery life of the 650 is shorter but the suction and filtration power is more exceptional.
What customers say?
- Every one praises the Roomba 620 for doing a good job on cleaning many types of floor. The vacuum is easy to use and also its maintenance is a breeze. However, the only drawback is electrical cords on the floor will cause it to hang up.
- The Roomba 650 gets very good feedbacks from its users. 71% of the customers on Amazon give it 5 star out of 5. Most of them are satisfied with the results as compared to the price. Many families love this porducts as it is a powerful vacuum and aslo does not make much noise. However, the Roomba 650 is complained about easily getting stuck.
In general, both Roomba 620 and 650 are quite reasonably priced, around $300; therefore, at least medium-income family can afford to buy one. It depends on your purpose and budget to choose between 620 or 650. If you are like either of them, please click the included Amazon buttons below to purchase it right now:
Do let us know what’s your pick and your experience by commenting below. While you are at it, share it away on Facebook, Twitter, or any other social places you hang out.