Here is another post about reviewing two vacuums in the robotic series, created by iRobot. In fact, iRobot is one of the leading companies in the industry and you can totally trust them in terms of quality. Roomba 650 and 770 are two of the best-selling smart floor cleaners and they all received good reviews from users. In this post, I will analyze deeper into each vacuum, the advantages and disadvantages of these two smart floor cleaners. Which vacuum stands out as the better one for you? Which unit has the best features? And, which unit has better cleaning performance? Hope you can find a perfect one for your family.
SIMILARITIES OF ROOMBA 650 VS 770
Roomba 650 and 770 come from the same brand-iRobot, and still remain as two of the most frequently bought and successful models. They have some similar basic features, such as anti-fall sensors, obstacle sensors, control-removing functions, dirt detection, automatic adjustments to the height and more. In addition, these two are s perfect for cleaning on carpets, hardwood floors, etc.
Both Roomba 650 and 770 have 3-Stage Cleaning System and iAdapt Responsive Cleaning Technology which provide users with powerful suction feature and the capability of perfect cleaning, picking up everything on the ground. In addition, both come with 7 day schedule programming. The users simply set the days and times they want the Roomba to clean and it will follow that schedule.
SPECIFIC ROOMBA 650 VS 770 REVIEW
Both Roomba 650 and 770 are cutting-edge smart floor cleaners that have been around for several years. Both have their own advantages and disadvantages based on some special features. After this post, I hope you can find a perfect model for your own family:
When buying a vacuum cleaner, modern customers tend to choose a better-looking product as they may want to see shinny and attracting things run around their house. Therefore, apart from other features, the appearance is now one of the key features that several manufacturers focus on to attract customer’s attention:
- Roomba 650: this vacuum is only available in black color with a few buttons on the surface. Its design is quite attractive: the dimensions are suitable for a cleaning machine as it can reach hard parts of your house, such as under beds or furniture. In addition, it is pretty lightweight and portable, so it can smoothly crawl around your house. In fact, Roomba 650 is seen as the most beautiful, minimalistic smart floor cleaner from iRobot.
- Roomba 770: in general, this robot vacuum is quite similar to the Roomba 650, but it has some noticeable visual improvements. For example, the black color is more shinny making the vacuum look elegant and a few new buttons. The dimensions are quite similar too. It is a little heavier than the Roomba 650 but generally, it is not different. The Roomba 770 receives many good reviews from users that they love it at the first sight.
This is the most concerned feature when it comes to cleaning machine. If a vacuum does not meet the minimum requirements of a customer, you should consider an alternative. Let look at more details why these two smart floor cleaners are worthy your investment.
- Roomba 650: Roomba 650 is a random cleaning robotic vacuum that are likely to miss a spot or two. Therefore, in order to maximize its efficiency, placing a Virtual Walls that limits the area where Roomba 650 operates is necessary. In addition, you should frequently keep an eye on the Roomba 650 as it can go under furniture and get stuck. It is better to notice it right away. Another thing is that Roomba 650 has a weak navigation system, so it may collide with obstacles on its way. In order to avoid such problem, it is suggested that you should remove such objects from the room and free the spaces and things like slippers, cables, etc. With the 3-stage cleaning system, the suction power is so wonderful that it can pick up everything from floor and also work wonders on many types of floor, such as hardwood, carpet, rugs and more.
- Roomba 770: What the Roomba 770 offers is far better than Roomba 650 in terms of cleaning experience. iRobot enhanced every details of cleaning capability making Roomba 770 a better performer. The vacuum can work well on various surfaces and remove fur, dust, dirt, pet hair and more with over 90% accuracy. Roomba 770 takes less time to clean because it knows where to go and what to pick up. Besides, the Roomba 770 is equipped with Dual Powered HEPA filters which improve greatly the capability of capturing dust, dirt and fine particles without letting them escape. In short, Roomba 770 is a robotic vacuum which works faster and more efficiently than Roomba 650.
Battery and power
Another important feature is the power. Roomba 650 and 770 are different in terms of battery which depends on the technology and usage purpose. The Roomba 650 uses a yellow Advanced Power System Ni-MH Battery which keeps Roomba 650 running at peak performance, cleaning up to four rooms in a single cleaning cycle. Meanwhile, Roomba 770 has better and long-lasting battery. The vacuum has more powerful suction and filtration too. Roomba 770 takes 3 hours to recharge fully.
HEPA filter vs. AeroVac
- Roomba 650 uses AreoVac technology which utilizes airflow to not only pull additional hair and debris off Roomba’s brushes, but also guide the dust back to the back of the bin so that you have to empty the dustbin less often.
- Roomba 770 uses HEPA-filtration technology which filters out 99.7% of small particles that other vacuum cleaners would simply recirculate back into the air of your house. Roomba 770 is suitable for allergy sufferers or others with problems related to respiratory tract.
This might not seem like a major factor in a technological product, but it comes with the convenience. Unlike Roomba 650, the 770 is equipped with a remote control that allows you to turn the machine on without getting up from your couch or bed.
What customers say?
- The Roomba 650 gets very good feedbacks from its users. 71% of the customers on Amazon give it 5 star out of 5. Most of them are satisfied with the results as compared to the price. Many families love this porducts as it is a powerful vacuum and aslo does not make much noise. However, the Roomba 650 is complained about easily getting stuck.
- 83% of the customers give Roomba 770 a 5/4 out of 5 stars on Amazon website and agree that the cleaner is worth the investment. However, there is a small disappointment. The vacuum lacks dirt sensor and mapping system.
It is no doubt that both Roomba 650 and 770 are high-quality robotic vacuums that will make your life much easier. Roomba 770 is far more advanced and has more special features that Roomba 650 does not have. However, it comes with a price. Roomba 770 is $100 more expensive than the 650 and if you just have a small house or do not need something too fancy, you can consider buying Roomba 650 instead.